- January 2-4 he chaired the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) New Presidents Program in Florida. He has served on the faculty of the program for 15 years, chairing the last 11.
- January 3-5 he attended the Council of Independent Colleges Presidents Institute in Florida. He presented and served on a panel entitled “The Future of the Humanities and Liberal Arts Colleges” Other presenters/panelists included: Dr. Georgia Nugent (President, Kenyon College), Dr. Christopher Nelson (President, St. John’s College), Dr. Ron Crutcher (President, Wheaton College).
- January 3 he attended the annual meeting of The Council of Colleges and Universities of The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). He was elected to a two year term as Chair of The Council and will represent TCCUCC on the Board of Directors of the Higher Education and Leadership Ministry (HELM) of the Christian Church.
- January 5 he attended the annual meeting of the Board of Directors of the InterAmerican Consortium, a partnership of 6 U.S. and 11 foreign institutions. He is in his 13th year as Chair of IAC.
- January 9-10 he was in Washington, D.C. for the meeting of the Board of Directors of Academic Search, Inc. (AS, Inc.) and Board of Directors of the American Academic Leadership Institute (AALI). He was elected (beginning in June) as Chair of the AS, Inc. Board and will become Vice Chair of the Board of AALI that same month.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Bethany College President Active with Church, Higher Education Organizations
It’s been a busy couple of weeks for Bethany College’s president with a number of national associations and organizations.